Friday 1 June 2012

Once upon a time-May project-harrietalicefox


May's theme was 'Once upon a time/My favourite book'.
I originally loved the idea of this theme, however the more I thought about it, the harder it was to decide upon my favourite book. So I chose to work on once upon a time. 
 
I headed straight for the Brothers Grimm Fairy Tale book I have, flicking through the illustrations and stories for inspiration, and began the first of many sketches. 
Initially I tried drawing the character Little Red Riding Hood, but I was never happy with the end result.
Then I began to draw the iconic items within these stories that immediately makes me think of them.



I've combined several stories within this illustration, Little Red Riding Hood, Cinderella, Snow White.
I hope you like it!
- Harriet -


No comments:

Post a Comment