Thursday 24 January 2013

Winter warmers. By Stephanie.

I still seem to be taking a sabbatical from stitching, but I've been enjoying knitting - and browsing in the wool shop in town. I bought some lovely 4-ply last week for a pair of gloves. It's such a long time since I made anything in this delicate yarn but I have fallen in love with it all over again - I adore the neatness and fineness it produces. I chose a gorgeous teal colour which goes nicely with my favourite boots!

 The knitting pattern is one of many vintage ones I've collected over the years - I really like the picot edging on this pair - it makes them seem quite lady-like and elegant.


I've just made my thumb on the first glove, so here's my progress.


 Previous to these I'd made some Aran mitts with a cute owl motif worked into the cabling. These are nice and thick and slip over gloves for extra warmth.





Posted by Stephanie.



No comments:

Post a Comment